Smartphone applications are on the rise and are increasingly used. According to some statistics, each citizen has on average about 80 apps installed on their smartphone, even if they only use half of them. This article offers an overview of the types of fitness and health apps, the advantages and disadvantages of using them, and the risks that the world of fitness runs due to them. This reading can be useful both to fitness experts, to adapt their methods, and to app users so as to better orient themselves in such a vast network.
For decades, the web has provided access to an enormous amount of information, not all of which is correct; the world of physical activity is no exception. Just think of all the articles or Youtube videos used as real training cards, or in any case considered reliable sources of sports and nutritional notions. In recent years, the exponential increase in the use of smartphones has led to the emergence of all kinds of applications: from listening to music to organizing a trip, from shopping to restaurant reservations, obviously passing through sports. The app-based economy is expected to become the third-largest in the world in 2022, with $ 6.350 billion.
What are the fitness apps?
In these mobile apps, we can find the personal trainer, the nutritionist, or the mental coach. Even fitness trainers in gyms and fitness centers are using apps such as personal training business software to help them manage their clients and keep track of their progress. Absurd? Here are some features of these apps that help us understand how this is possible:
- Variety of choice between disciplines. There are apps for every taste: functional training, fitness sessions, running, cycling, hiking, yoga, martial arts.
- Training planning. Once the goal is set, the apps suggest the training to follow (short, medium, or long term) and offer continuous monitoring.
- Power control. Some apps set calorie goals and daily diets and track your food using a calorie counter.
- Physical activity monitoring. With the new smartphones, it is possible to check the heart rate through a cardio sensor or activity tracker. Devices that are able to verify the correct execution of the movements are also being tested.
- Motivation. It is the key to success in any physical activity: the user needs stimuli to keep going, and in this regard, numerous strategies have been devised. They range from simple encouraging messages to quirks like the app pays the user if they meet the goal but demands payment if they stop earlier. Or again, there are apps that disguise themselves as video games: the user finds himself, for example, having to escape from zombies or having to beat the app in a score game.
- Social aspect. Thus was born the world of Social fitness, in which workouts and social networks merge: you can share your physical performance with friends or users from all over the world. You can also join so-called “training groups”, which allow, among other things, challenges in versus mode between users.
- These social networks, therefore, exploit both the desire to share their results (and, in part, to show off), and strong psychological levers such as comparison and competition.
Software & IT Services
Seattle app developers are poised to be the next Silicon Valley of the USA. Apart from tech giants like Microsoft and Amazon, several internet companies dominate the business landscape of Seattle.
Why are apps successful?
In a society like ours, apps seem to meet everyone’s needs best. Like?
- Everything is close at hand: no equipment other than a mobile phone is often needed for these workouts.
- They do not give restrictions on places: they are comfortable for those who travel, those who prefer to stay at home, and those who want to train outdoors.
- They allow total management of their times: on the other hand, sports centers often give set hours, which represent a limit for those who work with restricted or inflexible hours.
- Their costs are low, sometimes zero.
- The workouts offered are adaptable to all levels.
- They do not give any constraints: sometimes, the fear that the money spent would be wasted makes us reluctant to subscribe to a gym. With apps, there is no danger!
- They allow you to train alone: in this way, you avoid feelings of discomfort and embarrassment due to your physical or motor deficiencies.
- They allow you to try out different disciplines with relative ease.
For more valuable information visit this website