There will be a time when you will witness the Printer Driver is Unavailable error on your computer. The issue is prevalent and needs to resolve quickly. The main problem with the error is it doesn’t care about any brand of the Printer. If you have the Printer’s best brand, it will not make a difference because if drivers are crashed, the error will happen for sure.
When Printer Driver is Unavailable, it occurs because you have a problem with the printer device drivers. Maybe the drivers get outdated or missing. The error usually happens when Windows needs updating.
When the Printer driver is unavailable error will happen, your printer device will stop working. You will not be able to print anything. To resolve the issue, you can apply a few solutions.
1. Reinstall the Printer’s drivers
The error occurs when the drivers of the printers get corrupted. You can resolve the issue by reinstalling the Printer’s drivers.
- Press Windows Key + R and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ on the dialog box of RUN.
- The Device Manager will be open.
- Now go to the printer option and right-click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall option.
The Printer’s driver will be uninstalling. Now you need to reinstall the Printer’s drivers. You need to add every critical component in the reinstallation. You have to make sure you are downloading the drivers from the manufacturer’s website also you can use driver updater software to do this. The wrong drivers can create more problems in your PC.
2. Update the Windows 10
Another solution you can use to fix the Printer driver is an unavailable error by updating Windows 10. The error can usually occur when you are using the outdated Windows in your system. You need to install the current Windows Update to resolve the issue.
- Go to the start menu.
- Search for Update & Security Option.
- Select the Windows Update option.
- You will find the Check for Updates button; you need to click on that.
If the updates are available, Windows will automatically install them in your system. Now you need to check if your printer is working or not. Try to print something and see if the solution has been done.
3. Plug-and-play Printers
If you are using the Plug-and-play Printers, then this solution is specifically for you. If you face, the Printer is an unavailable error, and you can follow the following steps to fix the issue quickly.
- The first thing you need to do is to disconnect your Printer from the computer. It would help if you made sure that all the chords and cables attached to the Printer are unplugged by you.
- Now, wait for five minutes and reconnect all the cables and chords back to the Printer.
- Follow the instructions which are provided by the Setup Wizard.
- If the Wizard doesn’t open, you need to go to the Start Menu.
- After opening the start menu, go to settings.
- In the settings, you need to find the Devices option.
- Click on Devices.
- There you will find the Add a Printer and Scanner option.
- Click on Add a Printer and Scanner option.
- When you detect the printer device, you need to follow the instructions as given on the screen.
Now you should check if your Printer has started working or not.
4. Install Drivers manually
When the above solutions do not work, then the final solution you have to install the drivers manually. Follow the instructions to overcome the Printer is an unavailable error.
- Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Expand the Printer queues option.
- Right-click on the printer device and select the Uninstall option.
- Now Right-click on the setup of printer drivers which you have downloaded from the manufacturer website.
- Select the Properties option.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Below the Run this program in Compatibility mode in the menu, you need to select the option Previous versions of Windows.
- Now confirm the Save changes.
- You have to run the driver installer.
After following all the steps, you need to restart your computer. After restarting your PC, you have to check if your system’s Printer is working or not.
These are the solution s you can try to fix the Printer is an unavailable error. If none of the solutions gets work, you should call your Printer’s company’s customer service. They can give you the right solution to fix the error.
For more articles visit this website