Starting a jeans business sounds as American as apple pie. Many celebrities have done it, and so can you. All you need is an adequate understanding and knowledge of the textile business. Besides the legal framework, you need to have a vision of your jeans business.
Planning, investment, and jeans manufacturing projects are the main steps in this business. Here we will provide you with a step by step guide for starting a jeans wholesale business. Let’s start then.
Market Value of Jeans Business
First of all, let’s understand the market value and trends of the jeans business.
The demand and popularity of jeans are increasing. In some countries, demand crossed the levels of jeans production. Due to this fact, there is a promising future for the jeans manufacturing business. According to business people, an estimated internal rate of return (IRR) is 21.31 percent for the jeans business.
Isn’t it reason enough to start your jeans factory?
Well, it certainly is. Without any further ado, let’s check the steps to start a jeans business below;
The steps required to start a jeans manufacturing business
1. Registration of your Jeans Business
First of all, you need to pick a name for your jeans manufacturing business. Once you select a name, you can move forward. Check the steps below to complete the legal framework of your company;
- Get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) if you plan to hire employees. An EIN is better for you, even if you do not intend to hire staff. You can do so by registering on the website of the IRS.
- Register your business name. (If you do not plan to use your name)
- Get a business license in your state/ city by using your EIN.
- Check your state rules and see if you need any other permits.
- By following the above steps, your jeans manufacturing business will be legalized.
2. Do some market research
The second step for starting your business is to make a thorough market research. You need to get the answers to the following questions;
- Who is your target audience?
- Who is your model customer?
- How will you determine your size and style?
You can get this information by talking to other designers in the garment industry. To know about your customer’s choices and interests, you can create surveys and polls. You can use social media platforms for this purpose.
3. Create a list of must-have items
The jeans market is exploding with styles and trends. If you want to stand out, then you should pick a unique style for your jeans. To bring your ideas to life, you need to create a list of must-have items.
Check the list we have made for you below;
- Simple, chain and folding stitching machine
- Washing machine
- Electric iron
- Stain remover machine
- Cutting machine
- Lapping trolley
- Embroidery machine
- Logo making machine
- Printing machine
- Overlock machine
4. Raw material
The raw material you need includes cotton fabrics. You should get the fabric that is dyed in different colors. The most used color for jeans is hard blue, which is also called as denim cloth. You can get either local fabric or imported, as long it meets your requirements.
5. Design a Prototype
Once you have the raw material you need, your next step is to design a prototype. The production process of the prototype includes the following stages;
- Checking the raw material
- Finishing embroidery work
- Masking and lapping of clothing
- Cutting and laying on the fabric
- Arrangement and stitching
- Finishing process (washing, ironing, folding, and packaging)
6. Select a reliable manufacturer
Once you have a prototype, you can start talking to potential buyers. You need to search for a suitable manufacturer. For this purpose, interview as many potential manufacturers as possible.
You should not settle until you are completely satisfied. You should have a trustworthy relationship with your manufacturer.
7. Promote your business
One of the most important stages of your jeans business is marketing. The better you promote your business, the more customers and sales you will get. Following are some marketing strategies you can use to introduce your business;
- Create a website
- Use social media platforms
- Contact fashion bloggers and introduce your business to them
- Use TV Ads and print advertisement
- Make introductory videos to post on social networks
8. Get feedback
After the first round of production, you can ask your customers to give honest feedback. This last step will inform you about the areas where you need to improve. Ask your customers if they like the color, style, finishing, and quality of your jeans. Also, ask them if they find the price appropriate?
After getting the above information, do you think you are ready to start your business? Well, we do. So, make a plan, register your business, design a prototype, and enter the world of the jeans industry. Before you go, do let us know which jeans styles you would choose for your business?
For more articles visit this website